- 15 Feb 2021
Enabling DNS Zone Transfers for Cohesity
- Updated on 15 Feb 2021
Your Expedient Engineer may ask you enable zone transfers from your Active Directory DNS Zone to the Expedient domain.
On EACH domain controller for your AD domain, please perform the following steps:
- Open DNS Manager.
- Expand “Forward Lookup Zones”
- Find your primary zone for the domain. Right click it and select “Properties”. Screenshot below.
- Select the “Name Servers” tab
- Click “Add”. A window should pop up, screenshot below.
- These addresses should be provided by your Engineer in the SMC ticket.
- Click the “Zone Transfers” tab.
- Check the box for “Allow zone transfers:”
- Select the option “Only to servers listed on the Name Servers tab”
- Click “Notify”, a new window will pop up. Screenshot below.
- Check the box for “Automatically notify:”
- Select the “Servers listed on the Name Servers tab” radial.
- Click Ok.
- Click Ok again.
- Click Apply.
- You should now be returned to your DNS manager plugin.
- At this point, you are finished. Please notify us that work is complete in the SMC ticket.
Here is a sample of the A records created in an Active Directory domain: